UPDATED INFOGRAPHIC below
There is no question that websites, mobile and more influence consumer store visits and product interaction, BUT when it comes to making the final purchase decision, it's The Point Of Purchase where decisions are ultimately made.
Are you displaying all of those key product attributes, options and more to help your customer make an informed decision?
Research into the effectiveness of POP Advertising has focused on answering three key questions:
1) Does POP generate a sales lift?
2) Do consumers recall POP messages?
3) What type of POP generates the best results?
Studies have found POP displays to be effective in increasing sales when used effectively. When consumers are at a store, or point of sale, they are more likely to purchase a good than at any other time or place. When at a point of purchase, the buyer’s mind is in shopping mode, and at it is at this time that POP signs are best at influencing their valuable opinion.
- Shoppers had better recall when advertising communicated a retail savings or provided an incentive to purchase. POP on the outside window, in the promoted product area or at the register provided the best overall recall.
- According to POPAI channel study results, sales increases from POP averaged 9.2% across c-stores with lifts as high as 97.1%.
- 40% of shoppers recalled seeing advertising in the store. In-store advertising was present for 37.8% of products purchased. The majority of consumers agree that advertising signs provide helpful information, especially to make them aware a product is on sale, and that POP signs in c-store windows catch their attention.
REMEMBER CONSUMERS ARE BEHAVIORAL IN THEIR PATH TO PURCHASE
They are visual, they want more information and they want it to address ME